Looking for a place to sell your website? Here are many options for selling your website and what type of fees to expect.
- Domain Broker – Brokers typically start around 10% with the fee being higher or lower depending on the website value. A few of the bigger ones include Empire Flippers, FE International, Quiet Light Brokers, Website Closers and Website Properties. The bigger brokers typically only manage website sales for established websites where the sale price is 5 figures or more.
- Website Auction/Marketplace Sites – Flippa is the market leader when is comes to websites sales and their fees are typically 12% to 15% depending on the sale price. Other auction websites include BuySellWebsite or Webmasters Marketplace but again Flippa is the leader in this space by far.
- Shopify – If you have a Shopify website you can list your website for sale in their market place.
- Digital Point Forum Market Place – Digital Point is a great place to list your site for free. However, most listings in this site are not established websites or even high quality websites. Attracting the right buyer here might be difficult.
- eBay – You can sell your website on eBay but like Digital Point it probably isn’t the best way to find the right buyer. Most listings are typically starter sites making it difficult for buyers to find the right site to buy.
- Private Buyer – This typically takes effort like reaching out to people in your niche, even competitors that might be interested in purchasing your site. This can be an effort in itself but may prove to be the most valuable. We always recommend an escrow service if this is a private transaction to ensure a third party who can safely transfer the money, domain and website assets.
- SellYourWebsite.Today – We are a private buyer and we’re looking for niche sites with great content. We love wordpress sites. We don’t need to see a lot of revenue. We’ll look at factors that others don’t put a value on while saving the fees that domain brokers or website auction marketplaces charge. Contact us today!